Image: Three-Tier Web Application Architecture.
The client–server model is a distributed application structure that partitions tasks or workloads between the providers of a resource or service, called servers, and service requesters, called clients. Read More
Source: "Distributed Application Architecture" (PDF). Sun Microsystem.
Turf.js is geospatial analysis library that can run in browser and also Node.js. It is built modularly where each module can work as a standalone function. Turf.js works well with GeoJSON notation. Source: Turfjs.org
Client Side Libraries
Mapzen: Mapzen provides host of products and services to render maps on the web. Mapzen's Tangram lets you render 2D and 3D maps while providing granular control over the visual scene. Source: Mapzen Tangram
- Django is Python framework to build web-applications
Client Side Libraries
RasterIO: Geographic information systems use GeoTIFF and other formats to organize and store gridded, or raster, datasets. Rasterio reads and writes these formats and provides a Python API based on N-D arrays.Source: A Cloudless Atlas (Wired)
Geotrellis is a geographic data processing engine for high performance applications.GeoTrellis provides data types for working with rasters in the Scala language, as well as fast reading and writing of these data types to disk. It also provides a number of operations to manipulate raster data, including cropping/warping, Map Algebra operations, and rendering operations, as well as vector to raster operations such as Kernel Density and vectorization of raster data.Source: Geotrellis.io Chattanooga Agriculture & Forestry Value Model
Matplotlib is a Python 2D plotting library which produces publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive environments across platforms. Matplotlib can be used in Python scripts, the Python and IPython shell, the jupyter notebook, web application servers, and four graphical user interface toolkits.Source: matplotlib.org
Mapbox SDK for Unity is a collection of tools for building interactive experiences using real maps data. Source: Mesh generation with the Mapbox Maps SDK for Unity
- Combining the Power of AWS Lambda and Rasterio. Processing raster data directly on the cloud. https://blog.mapbox.com/combining-the-power-of-aws-lambda-and-rasterio-8ffd3648c348
- How Web Apps Work, Mapbox. Explanation of how Mapbox GL JS works https://www.mapbox.com/help/how-web-apps-work/
- Python Data Visualization Libraries. Comparing various Python data-visualization libraries. https://www.dataquest.io/blog/python-data-visualization-libraries/
- The Atlas. Charts and data powered by Quartz, https://www.theatlas.com